Each week we have one of our standout KW agents or brokers go through a quick yet engaging interview to take a look into what drives our top New York City real estate professionals and what keeps them so dedicated to their clients.
Bissera Antikarov is a KW Licensed Real Estate Salesperson whose signature brand blends her passion and background in real estate, architecture, art, and New York City, with solid market knowledge and outstanding customer service. Bissera’s practice is focused on Manhattan residential sales and leasing – from starter pads to starry penthouses. Competent, creative, and committed, Bissera is a true asset to clients in all stages of life, selling or seeking the right home for their lifestyle – always attuned to their needs, wants, and wallets.
1. What made you choose real estate as a career? My background in architecture, urban design, and real estate development was a natural springboard for me to transition into real estate sales and I love every bit of it! While in the past I was engaged on the front end of creating real estate, I am now on the other end, selling it – I went around the industry full circle, so to speak.
2. What is your favorite thing about this career? As a trained architect, I love buildings and beautiful properties, I know and love the city with its unique neighborhoods, and I’m also very social and love working with people. So all these pieces create the perfect storm for me in real estate, which I’m passionate about.
3. What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of it? I think the psychological part of it. Whether selling or buying property, people can get very emotional in the process, so it’s important to be able to understand and handle clients’ reactions, while delivering top service for their best real estate experience.
4. If you could live in any New York City building which would it be and why? I wouldn’t mind a top penthouse in the new 56 Leonard glass gem or the rising 432 Park Ave luxe tower! Panoramic views of the city, the harbor, and beyond are fascinating to me – to be able to watch NYC from sunrise to sunset!
5. Favorite book or movie? I like many different books and films, but a recent beautiful movie I saw really touched my soul – The Great Beauty – Italian movie, which just won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film.
6. Favorite restaurant? Caffé Taci with its Opera Nights – Italian restaurant in Midtown East – magical place of music, food, and great fun.
7. Who is your role model and why? Hard to pick just one, I’m inspired and motivated by many outstanding individuals, whose life stories I admire – usually rising from ashes to riches, or facing challenges and coming out bigger and better, against all odds.
8. What 3 words best describe you? I would say Competence in my craft, Creativity in everything I do, and Class in the way I handle people, work, and life.
9. One item you can’t live without? My “phablet” i.e. giant smart phone, my tablet comes second – they hold my whole existence.
10. Your proudest moment? When I bought a piece of Manhattan on the Upper West Side’s gorgeous Riverside Drive and became a NYC homeowner myself. The Hudson River and GW bridge views make it truly my happy place.