The New York City housing boom isn’t slowing down anytime soon, so we decided to highlight some of the most highly anticipated new developments that are slated to hit the 2014 real estate market or that have recently become move-in ready. The five at the top of our expert real estate agents’ list are:
1. Village Green West: A Chelsea location with certified LEED Gold Certification, this 12-story condo building is fully equipped with a rooftop lounge and a luxurious wellness center that offers fitness, relaxation, and entertainment. The 245 West 14th Street building also enjoys a sauna, coffee bar, treatment room, and bike storage. There will be 27 one- to three-bedroom units which will feature European oak flooring, crown molding, kitchens with Smeg cooktops, and marble bathrooms. One-bedrooms start at $1.2 million and penthouses run between $7.6 and $9 million.
2. Halcyon: Located in the heart of Midtown East, this luxury modern 33-story glass tower offers sweeping views and unparalleled amenities: a state-of-the-art fitness center with sauna and spa, a 52’ heated lap pool, private library, golf room, and lounge with a catering kitchen. The 123 units and two penthouses in the 305 East 51st Street tower will enjoy sleek kitchens and bathrooms detailed in marble. Units went on sale last summer and completion of the building is scheduled for early 2015.
3. 72 Poplar Street: This former Brooklyn Heights police station turned modern residential building is nearly completed; its units went on sale last month. The three- and four-bedroom Freyer Architects designed units measure 1,434 to 3,368 square feet; residents will enjoy 14-foot ceilings, kitchens with Italian cabinetry, a virtual doorman, private parking, a gym, lounge, and bike storage. Prices range from $1.6 million to around $6 million. A late fall occupancy is expected.
4. 540 West 49th Street: This glass-and-steel-façade tower is actually made up of two interconnected seven-story buildings. It is located in Midtown’s Clinton area, which is also known as “Hell’s Kitchen.” It is filled with luxurious amenities which complement its chic units; these include a 24-hour doorman attended lobby, lounge with fireplace, state-of-the-art fitness center, two landscaped roof decks, a 6,000-square-foot courtyard with lounging/dining area as well as a reflecting pool and open-air movie viewing area, bike storage, pet spa, and individual storage for its residents. Units are expected to start at around $525 a square foot for a studio, $700 to $800 a square foot for a one-bedroom, $990 to $1,250 a square foot for two-bedrooms, and $1,200 to $1,700 a square foot for penthouses. Prices are also anticipated to run from $700,000 to $2.5 million.
5. 388 Bridge Street: This exciting addition to Brooklyn, the tallest building in the borough, rendered some of Brooklyn’s current denizens speechless when its construction was completed and it began offering its 378 luxurious units. It will actually have 40 sprawling penthouses, 104 condos, and 234 rentals. Sizes will range from 530-square-foot studios to 2,371-square-foot penthouses. The tower will also enjoy 536-square-foot private terraces. The 53-story condo-rental fusion building features a fully attended lobby, a 46th-floor lounge that showcases stellar views, a gym, and a children’s play area. Units will feature Leibherr fridges, walk-in showers, Bosch washer/dryers, and white oak floors throughout. Prices have not been disclosed yet for condos, but rentals start at $2,386 for a studio and up to $4,966 for two-bedrooms.