Each week we have one of our standout KWNYC agents or brokers go through a quick yet engaging interview to take a look into what drives our top New York City real estate professionals and what keeps them so dedicated to their clients.
Jared Taylor is a KWNYC Licensed Real Estate Salesperson who specializes in unique lofts and townhouses. His integrity, refined taste, and a discerning eye for the details are all aspects of his commitment to servicing and supporting his clients. He turns what can ordinarily be a difficult and stressful experience into one that is not only seamless but pleasant.
1. What made you choose real estate as a career? I was interested in investment, and decided to start from the ground floor up by going into real estate.
2. What is your favorite thing about this career? I like the fast pace and negotiation process.
3. What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of it? The self-discipline that comes along with being your own boss.
4. If you could live in any New York City building which would it be and why? It would be a townhouse in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. I like the neighborhood feel and having a garden.
5. Favorite book or movie? Invisible Monster by Chuck Palahniuk, and Forest Gump; I watch it every time it comes on.
6. Favorite restaurant? Buttermilk Channel in Brooklyn. They have the best fried chicken and waffles there. They have waffles with cheddar in them, a balsamic vinaigrette syrup, and twice battered fried chicken that is so good.
7. Who is your role model and why? Henry David Thoreau for being an American author, poet, philosopher, abolitionist, naturalist, development critic, surveyor, and historian.
8. What 3 words best describe you? Tenacious, extremely jovial, charismatic.
9. One item you can’t live without? My motorcycle, a vintage Triumph Café racer.
10. Your proudest moment? It was when I sailed around the world. I set sail from New Jersey and it took me 10 months to complete the entire voyage.