Each week we have one of our standout KW agents or brokers go through a quick yet engaging interview to take a look into what drives our top New York City real estate professionals and what keeps them so dedicated to their clients.
Marco Chiappetta is a KWNYC Licensed Real Estate Salesperson whose passion is to bring buyers and renters into pockets of “Old New York”, which are often hard to find. He is always striving to inspire people, help them succeed, and make their lives better with his unwavering support and exceptional real estate expertise.
1. What made you choose real estate as a career? There aren’t many jobs that allow you to get back what you put in.
2. What is your favorite thing about this career? Building relationships and seeing business grow through them.
3. What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of it? You can bring a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink it. You can advise a client, but that doesn’t mean that they will always take that advice. Also, convincing a client that you are as good as you say you are.
4. If you could live in any New York City building which would it be and why? The Dakota. When I think of New York City I think of The Dakota. That feeling that everyone gets when they visit New York, The Dakota has that. I think it represents New York with its exclusiveness, its beauty, history, and its architecture.
5. Favorite book or movie? The One Thing by Gary Keller and the movie 12 Years A Slave.
6. Favorite restaurant? Giorgios of Gramercy. That restaurant was my first job and I worked there when I was only 15 years old as a waiter.
7. Who is your role model and why? My mother. My mom has taught me through achievement and silent struggle the importance of perseverance.
8. What 3 words best describe you? Honest, charming, and loyal.
9. One item you can’t live without? My journal.
10. Your proudest moment? A few years ago I was able to see the kids I mentored from the neighborhood I grew up in [Washington Heights] graduate from high school. That was one of my proudest moments.