Maura Jarach is a seasoned Manhattan broker and luxury real estate stager, who currently holds the position of Executive Director of Townhouses at Keller Williams NYC. She serves as her clients’ full-service resource and top survival tactic for navigating today’s complex market. Her natural flair for exceptional leadership, service, and attention to detail were cultivated in her previous years as an active, hands-on owner of award-winning luxury French restaurants.
1. What made you choose real estate as a career? I previously ran my own award winning restaurants so I’m really used to working for myself.
2. What is your favorite thing about this career? The flexibility and I enjoy finding people homes. I’m in love with architecture and any structure that is unchanged and old. Coming from California, where they don’t have a lot of old architecture, I appreciate New York City; its architecture reminds me of Paris.
3. What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of it? Getting sellers to understand buyers and vice versa. I have to get both of them to understand how they would feel in each other’s shoes. Another challenge is, having buyers and sellers understand that even though it’s a seller’s market they still need a broker.
4. If you could live in any New York City building which would it be and why? The Sheffield. It is valuable and centrally located. It’s near one of my favorite places, Central Park.
5. Favorite book or movie? The Intouchables. It’s a French movie that is so inspiring and touching.
6. Favorite restaurant? The Republic in Union Square. I love a great soup!
7. Who is your role model and why? My mother. She always gave me unconditional love and support.
8. What 3 words best describe you? Direct, honest, and loyal.
9. One item you can’t live without? My skincare regimen that includes always wearing SPF 50.
10. Your proudest moment? The care of my mother when she was losing her battle with life. I gave 1,000 percent into caring for her.